Sirtuin gene expression test

The role of Sirtuin gene

There are many causes of aging, but the sirtuin gene has been called the “longevity gene” for regulating the ageing phenomenon in human body.

In other words, by measuring the expression level of sirtuin gene, it could be an index to measure the current “ageing progress”.

Though the functions of sirtuin genes are diverse, the major function is to keep telomeres attached to the end of the chromosomes from shortening.

Telomere is like a cap that protects chromosomes, but it gets shorter after every cell division is performed. If the telomere is gone, the chromosomes cannot be protected, and the cell will not be able to function normally. Besides telomere, sirtuin genes are also responsible of the control of insulin production and the pathways of pancreas secretion, inhibition of arteriosclerosis, control the production of adipocytes, severe neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, various diseases that are associated with ageing. Thus, it is thought that the sirtuin gene controls many important functions related to aging. Likewise, the sirtuin gene could be an important character that controls numerous mechanisms that are related to ageing.

What you can know by the sirtuin gene test

The DNA test nowadays are mainly about the gene or genome itself.
However, hereditary cancers are only about 5% of the total, and the remaining 95% are influenced by your lifestyle since birth.

Though the DNA test could reveal the risk for lifetime, the current situation is not able to understand.

The process of a disease, including cancer, has been found relating to many complicated factors such as gene mutation and environment. However, the pre-cancer situation has been known that the gene expression pattern is different from the normal body, and the change of the expression pattern (RNA) could be used to understand or even predict the current situation.


Left:Endocr J. 2013;60(11):1269-73. Visceral adiposity is associated with SIRT1 expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells: a pilot study. Lee H et al
Right:Diabetes. 2010 Apr;59(4):1006-15. Downregulation of the longevity-associated protein sirtuin 1 in insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome: potential biochemical mechanisms. de Kreutzenberg SV

Case report

※53-year-old male Doctor
(Result) Stomach cancer Warning zone

⇒ Based on this result, he got a detailed examination at the hospital and confirmed the gastric ulcer.


※58-year-old male Employee
(Result) Pancreatic cancer Warning zone

⇒ We suggested some improvements of lifestyle habits based on the results of the examination, but he did not take specific preventive measures for no particular sickness. Finally, the pancreatic cancer has been found one year after the examination.


※43-year-old male Company officer
(Result) Colon cancer Attention zone

⇒It seems that he had just removed the colonic polyps before receiving the examination.
Once the disease came out, it is necessary to continuously pay attention to lifestyle habits.

Flow of examination

How to take the examination

1. Taking blood sample for about 2.5ml.
2. When results are obtained, we will inform you of the results at our hospital or by mail.

×
×
×
×
×
×
×
×
×
×
×
×
×
×
×

×

×
×

×
×
×
×
×
×
×
Culturing movie
×